Continued from here.
On Jan 29, three days before an arrest warrant was issued for Belvidere High School teacher Loren L. Leoni, a news story generated a number of comments that are illustrative of how students react.
i feel that everyone is blowing this way way way out of proportion... there are way to many assumtions being made... i feel that everyone needs to stop putting all the blame on her... because as far as i am concerned she is INNOCENT!!! i know the kid that this all "supposidly" happened to... and as far as i am concerned... these are false alligations... i think that once they can get a hold of her she should have a lie detector test done... and i also feel that the student showed have the same test done... because this could all just be one nasty rumor just to get a poor innocent teacher fired... why anyone would want to get her fired is beyond me... but who knows... i had her last year for my english teacher and she was really cool and very nice... and never EVER touched any students... so for all of you haters that are falsely accusing her i suggest you just stop... because we could be wrongly accusing an innocent person here... i feel that Loren Leoni is INNOCENTAnother student said,
I am a student at BNHS and we have been hearing many rumors around here. I have heard that there was no sexual contact. I think that we all need to stop jumping to conclusions about all of this, because this kid could have made it all up. I mean, if there was something started like this about me, I would leave too. Its embarressing even if it is false. So don't assume things, its high school, rumors get started, just face it.Another blames the parents:
This situation questions the parenting skills of the student's parents. Isn't it a parent's job to know what is going on in their child's lives? Maybe they should have paid more attention to him at home.Another student had a different take.
Hi I'm a Junior at BHS and it is no rumor that she has not been at school for the past few weeks it is a fact. I have seen the way she interacts with her students and I for one was not surprised when i heard this information. I know of the boy, and that doesnt surprise me either. I also wouldnt be surprised if there was more than one boy shes been with.A one-liner. "As an educator I am disgusted with both the school and the teacher."
No explanation of why the educator is disgusted with the school, but another post claims a whistleblower was fired.
If this was a male teacher and female student we parents would have known by the district, not the news, a month ago. We are STILL waiting for a statement from the administration. Shame on District 100 for firing the whistleblower as well, we parents do listen to our children and know, even if the school plays ostrich! Todd, stop and think about the embarrassed CHILDREN who may be a victim and too afraid to tell because they are male, young, and the school sweeps it under the rug, imagine it being YOUR child.Two parents commented.
My child has told me of the discussions that she's had with the class about her obsession with D.C **. She is also very proud of her many tattoos because she has shown them to the class on several occasions. My question to Dr. Pulaski is whats going on with the research papers that the kids turned in before Christmas break? The kids grades are still not correct on their report cards and this paper that they worked on for SIX WEEKS was suppose to be 30 percent of their grade. I understand that these are just allegations, but her behavior in the classroom certainly does not help her case. May God be with the people that this has effected.And, the school talked to students before talking to parents, apparently.
I can't believe the District has STILL not informed the parents of this teacher. As a mother of one of her students I am outraged with District 100. I am also disgusted with Dr. Pulaski for informing the class this morning that they would be trying to "work with her" for last quarters grades to be changed, and have yet to inform parents of her possible misconduct. She hasn't responded to emails and has been out of the class for many weeks, ask the students!!! She sure loves D.C. , that was her majority of lessons, and brought in what she introduced as her "gay husband"(best friend who is a male homosexual). Nice show and tell, huh? Maybe parents should confirm this with their children?** The name has been changed to D.C. because we aren't certain if that is a student or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment